TBH Forums - We Win Free Shit

Go Back   TBH Forums - We Win Free Shit > Entertainment > Dazed & Confused

Old 10-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #51
Lohcin
--- est. 1989. ---

Tempted, Stevens. But I'm actually going to wait until the day of to purchase it.
Lohcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:53 AM   #52
Yitzy
Who are you to doubt El Dandy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stevens View Post
http://uploaded.net/file/b9vihh6f

I'm sure most everyone here will want to get the physical disc or buy it, but...
I wonder if that's actually my rip...

Since it came out in Japan early, and my specific Tower Records even a day earlier, I was one of the first people in the Weezer Fan Community to have a physical copy and hence the first high quality rip.

But I tagged all of the tracks as a best of album, by 80s hair-metal band RATT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washy View Post
If cum could drip through computer screens, I'm pretty Yitzy would have just finished on all of our faces.
You have no idea.

There might have been some tears involved on my first listen.

Yitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:22 AM   #53
Lohcin
--- est. 1989. ---

Yeah, so I bought this album yesterday. Great stuff. Totally reminded me of their earlier stuff without sounding like what they've been experimenting with. "The Futurescope Trilogy was great", but I really liked the opening track "Ain't Got Nobody" a lot too. I'm probably gonna listen to this all week again, I listened to it on my way/home from work and it didn't do it complete justice in my car.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #54
Stevens
TBH's 137th Best Hockey Fan

My two favorite tracks atm:

Team Plotting for Omega
Ranking Albums of 2015 (so far):
Spoiler!

TOP SONGS OF 2015 (SO FAR):
Spoiler!

Team Connor Shaw, Destroyer of Worlds
AIM: Jste169942
Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #55
Lohcin
--- est. 1989. ---

Upon the first listen, I didn't care much for The British Are Coming. Since I bought this a couple weeks back, that changed. It's pretty much always on when I'm driving or listening to music in general. Not that it's a bad track, but my least favorite one might be Cleopatra.

Nintendo Switch ID: 5477-7920-2405.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:09 AM   #56
Yitzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol View Post
Upon the first listen, I didn't care much for The British Are Coming. Since I bought this a couple weeks back, that changed. It's pretty much always on when I'm driving or listening to music in general. Not that it's a bad track, but my least favorite one might be Cleopatra.
That's funny, because other than Back to the Shack, British is my least favorite. Again, not that it's a bad song (that solo fucking rips) but I just like every other song better.

British was really well liked among other Weezer fans, but I still can't get that into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Yitzy For This Useful Post:
Lohcin (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #57
Lohcin
--- est. 1989. ---

When the beginning comes on, I always think, "Ugh..." but I'm quickly reminded why I like it so much. It really grew on me. There really isn't a bad song on that album at all. Good stuff.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #58
Yitzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol View Post
There really isn't a bad song on that album at all.
Shack.

Even Rivers made a comment recently to the extent of "Uh, yeah I made a mistake with that song."

Also, as I mentioned before, I ordered this super expensive deluxe pre-order package, that included the album on CD, vinyl and cassette, two lithographs, a poster, a (pretty lame) t-shirt, and Weezer fan club membership. Yes, I know I have a problem. I also bought the Japanese version of the album because it came out earlier.

Anyway, the cassette shipped separately from everything. They were released by Burger Records and limited to 1000. They were each signed by different members of the band and randomly distributed to the pre-order members. Except for a few Burger Records sold through their sites. You can probably guess whose signature went the fastest.

I got #200/1000 and guess who I randomly got?

The Following User Says Thank You to Yitzy For This Useful Post:
Lohcin (10-20-2014)
Old 10-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #59
Lohcin
--- est. 1989. ---

Dude, that's awesome!!!!

And I for one, love Back To The Shack. Loved it as a single. Sure it's going to be overplayed, but I love it as soon as Ain't Got Nobody ends, that song kicks in. It was placed well.

Most of the songs that he hates or huge Weezer fans hate (and I like to say I'm a huge fan too), I think differently on. Except for anything pas track #4 on Raditude. I always stop after that tack and can never finish the album.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:30 AM   #60
Yitzy

The lyrics for this song are dumb as shit, but it's pretty kick ass.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #61
Lohcin
--- est. 1989. ---

I personally love everything they've done, even the stuff people don't like, but I don't know about this song. Some take a couple listens, but I can't seem to get into this one...

Old 11-04-2015, 06:10 AM   #62
Yitzy

holy shit

Old 04-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #63
Stevens
TBH's 137th Best Hockey Fan

I've given two full listens to The White Album now. It reminds me a lot of The Green Album, in all the right ways. Very fun. "Do You Wanna Get High?", "LA Girlz", "Endless Bummer", "California Kids", "Thank God For Girls", I'm liking it a lot.

Rivers, finally stopped trying so damn hard and just making good music again.

Team Plotting for Omega
Ranking Albums of 2015 (so far):
Spoiler!

TOP SONGS OF 2015 (SO FAR):
Spoiler!

Team Connor Shaw, Destroyer of Worlds
AIM: Jste169942
Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:15 PM   #64
Wiz

Came in to say I'm officially ending my Weezer self-embargo.

White Album does indeed not suck.

And King of the World has the sweetest riff.

Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:00 PM   #65
Lohcin
--- est. 1989. ---

I listened to this last week for the first time and I don't know what to feel about it. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. I felt that way about Everything Will Be Alright in the End as well and then I ended up really enjoying it. This one might turn out the same way as I did enjoy a couple tracks on it.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #66
Gaz
S.W.Y.D

So weezer have gone the maroon 5 route of making terrible pop music.

I'm not too clued in with them, know some of their songs. To those who got a few albums... What's this all about then?
Old 07-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #67
Yitzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
So weezer have gone the maroon 5 route of making terrible pop music.

I'm not too clued in with them, know some of their songs. To those who got a few albums... What's this all about then?
Here's all you need to know about Weezer:

Their first two albums (Blue and Pinkerton) are god-tier masterpieces.

Their last two albums were consistently better than anything they've done in years.

The album Raditude is a shit-tier pile of garbage that's not worth listening to at all.

Every other album, your mileage will vary. They all have some very good songs on them and also some meh songs. The merits of of them have been fiercely debated by for years.

Side note: When my wife listened to the Rivers Cuomo J-Pop album, she said it sounded like a band of middle schoolers performing for the first time.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 247
advo, Affodosoums, AgpixLus, Albertbut, AlbertJatt, Aldosa, Alenalhere, AlexDijk, AlexissRuH, AlinaDen, Alsn, AmulPi, Andrewdali, Andrewmymn, Andrewon, AndreyNuh, Angarnit, Angirwer, AnikaThuh, Anktoscymn, AnktosWofs, Annaliz, ANormanLapy, AnthonyKa, Antonvoda, Aqeznild, ArnoldOr, Arnoldric, ArthurLof, ArthurNub, ArturFugin, Asaruteag, AubreySt, AUpsetry, AVandHindbam, Awardery, BallockPr, BengerdKi, Berekboup, BernadoPi, BogirReal, Brandonbala, Brandonmic, Captain British, CharlesWot, charmdatepi, Chenormob, Cliftongop, CurtisAgem, CurtisJab, DanielSach, Danielvak, DannisRop, DargothKeN, DargothWef, Darylriny, Dellorik1992, Dennisea, Denpokwex, DerrickKip, dIKPymn, Doloklaps, DomenikToow, DominicSap, Donaldhix, DouglasSl, EdwardMum, Edwardnop, Efraindow, Enigma, EnriqueSl, Eugeneevard, Fabiofes, FadiKeri, Fedorot, Flinttork, Frasermn, Game420, Gaz, GeorgeBains, GeorgeFUH, Glen Metropolit, GordonBodo, GREALSSAM, Grigoriyfouff, Grygorisi, Gunnarlem, Hamlarpl, HaroldVodo, HateWatchersDiet, Hatlodtog, HectorNash, HectorSag, HelenBuity, HenryCJ, Hernandodaby, Ichiban, Ivanml, JackRip, JaffarEn, JamesAwast, JarollMl, JeffreyCom, JeffreyNaw, JeffreySop, Jerekmi, Johnnyfaw, JohnOa, Johnrees, Jonah, JosephOa, JosephRany, Josephsek, Joshuabaw, Joshuafef, jstudabaka, Karmokpa, Karmokpn, KarryptoSog, KennethAsype, Kerthgalm, KerthOl, KhabirHed, KipplerGelf, Kirktib, KonstantinSn, Larespl, Laresrot, Leonardgobre, LeonMic, LesterSi, lexniksonlolRuH, Lindsitharo, Lohcin, Lord Steels, Lukarpt, madeEralm, malylows, MannigDase, Marikol, MarlaCalimy, MarloMob, MashaTig, Matthewnund, Maxim, meewaync, Michaelcen, MichaelHor, MichaelTeds, MichaelTip, Michaelunam, Michalon, Miguelhevy, Miltenwit, MoffPl, Mufassajerm, Murakvar, NefariusDurl, NoMo201469, Oelkteem, Olegreip, OrtegaJup, Panel, Patrickgox, paulLus, Pavelcymn, Petrvomb, PhillipTug, PhilVami, Porognut, PrestonLaush, Profnastil, PyranLab, RafaelTozy, Raidharm, RaidSek, RamonCymn, Randallsl, ResselKa, Retiredkar, Richarddure, Richardpemy, RobertMate, RobertoEt, RobertPat, Rolandbog, Ronaldmate, RonaldRiz, Ronaldsow, RoyOt, Rozenblumcag, RufusEnew, Russellcib, SamuelMon, ScottyUsem, Serukst, Sharonren, SherriMa, SilvioPare, Sivertcors, Sobotakt, SofiaWouh, Stangype, StanleycawL, Stanleykak, Stejnarlew, StepanAvalt, Stephenused, SupernovaPhil88, SurusNala, SylviaPt, TangachCix, Temmyhed, ThomasPeks, ThomasSr, ThorusBrem, ThorusKi, Timmy, TipplerDof, Tomkap, Traceyvef, transformtes, TylerPn, VascoEl, Vibaldded, Vibaldtoob, Vincentpoob, VirgilEn, Wallacerelt, WalterBer, WalterPon, Williamcess, WilliamGaws, Wiz, Wylde, Xathos, yapedPus, Yitzy, zapedPus, Zapotekdync, Zarkosoi